W08 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

 

This week I enjoyed reading and learning about overcoming challenges. Challenges and hardships are something that we cannot avoid. All of us at some point or another are going to run into unexpected trials. Knowing that they will come though, and preparing ourselves for those hard times can be very helpful. Even if there is not much we can do to prepare or to minimize the challenge, we can still prepare ourselves for how we might handle challenges. We can have plans set in place, and people in our circles that we know we can turn to in the tough times. Avoiding debt and saving can also help us greatly when challenges do arise.

 My favorite quote from the readings this week was from President Monson. He said “I would encourage members of the Church wherever they may be to show kindness and respect for all people everywhere. The world in which we live is filled with diversity. We can and should demonstrate respect toward those whose beliefs differ from ours.

May we also demonstrate kindness and love within our own families. Our homes are to be more than sanctuaries; they should also be places where God’s Spirit can dwell, where the storm stops at the door, where love reigns and peace dwells.”

I needed to hear these words this week. An unexpected challenge I am facing in my personal life is happening right now. Our next door neighbor has become very angry and irritated with our family and our kids. We can’t seem to do anything right. It has been frustrating and causes me to feel sad. I appreciate these words and the reminder to be kind, no matter what.

I also know that challenges are going to come up in business. I hope to remember all the things we learned this week when they do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W14 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal Final Blog

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal