W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal
We've wrapped up another amazing
week of school. Each week I keep thinking that the content of the course can't
get and better, and each week it does. Thinking this week about how I will
measure my life really sparked some deep thinking and reflection for me. A life
well lived really is about the small things. It is about being intentional with
our time. And it is about doing good. Last week we lost a young member of our
ward. He died unexpectedly and was a young husband and father. His services
were a beautiful reminder of the importance of our little choices. Listening to
all the memories and good things people had to say about this man caused me to
reflect on my own life. What would people say at my funeral? The things in the
course materials this week really went hand in hand with that thought.
I do not want my life to pass
with me just filling time. I have had seasons of life when I was doing just
that, and it does not feel good or fulfilling. I want to put good into the
world and I hope that I can leave nothing but positive feelings to my friends
and family and all those I interact with. These things apply both to my
personal life, and to my professional life as I think about starting a
business. I am reminded of the importance of doing what I love, and to have
some passion behind all of the choices I make. I am looking forward to learning
more this semester- this course already has changed my life for the better. I
keep telling my husband that I wish everyone could take this class! I have
tried to teach my kids and spouse each week about the things I am learning. I
am also trying to apply things to my life so that I can be an example to others
just by the way I live.
Comments
Post a Comment