W06 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

 I am at the end of week six in this semester. Each week has been thought provoking and informative. This week was no different. I enjoyed the readings and the videos. I especially appreciated the content centered around being an entrepreneur or business person, as well as having a family. I am a mother of three and have never wanted my work or my business to take away from my family. I think for many years I was under the false impression that in order to be the best mom, I needed to be a stay at home mom and nothing else. I am learning that it is more than possible to be a great mom while working on myself and achieving my goals. This time in my life I am busier than ever with the demands of my schedule. But I am finding that the time I am spending on doing things that bring me closer to my goals make me better. I am finding that being busy with good things, is a good thing. I am much more aware and intentional with my time and when I am with my family, that time is even more valuable. 

 

One of my favorite quotes from the reading this week was from Eldon Tanner. He said "There are those who complain that to follow the straight and narrow path requires limitations, restrictions, overcoming, and doing without things that are very tempting. We must remember, however, that it guarantees victory and achievement of our goal, which is gained by setting a goal and being able to concentrate and follow an undeviating course." 

I have gained insights this week that I will implement into my life. I am grateful for BYU-I and the way that I am able to study the gospel along with my regular subjects. It has been  a huge blessing in my life already. I am looking forward to the rest of the semester and the things we will learn. I believe that this class is making me a better person.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W14 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal Final Blog

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal