W05 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

 

·         What were your key takeaways from "A Hero's Journey" video?

When I was watching the “A Hero’s Journey” video, there were several things that stood out to me. I will outline them here.

1.       In the video he talked about making sure that our families and our relationships with our spouse and children are at the center of our lives. He talked about how he did not prioritize or understand the importance of time with his family soon enough. He ended up getting a divorce and learning some lessons the hard way. This is something that I do not want to go through. I am a wife and a mother to three sons. I try to remind myself often of what a sacred responsibility it is. I do not want to get to the end of my life and have regrets, especially when it comes to the people I love.

2.       I loved the three questions mentioned in the video that we should ask ourselves.

a.       Have I contributed something meaningful?

b.       Was I a good person?

c.       Who did I love, and who loved me?

Along with what I said above, I think that asking these three questions will help us to stay centered and aligned with our actions- that we are headed in the direction we want.

 

3.       We need to surround ourselves with people of good character. I think for a long time in my life, this is something that I overlooked. I kind of believed that I would be true to myself no matter who I was around. But the older I get, and the more life experience I have, I recognize the importance and value of being surrounded by GOOD people. I think that good people can pull us up, and help us achieve much more than we would have our own. The opposite is also true. Negative people can pull us down.

I thought the video was thought provoking and held some great insights that I can apply to my life. This was another great week of learning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W14 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal Final Blog

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal