W02 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

 Week two of this semester has been incredible. I have been hungry for the content and have taken the assignments seriously. I am grateful for the things we are studying and feel excited to implement them into my life. Here I will answer the specific questions for the week:


  • Why do you think Randy Pausch was able to achieve so many of his childhood dreams?

I think that Randy Pausch was able to achieve so many of his childhood dreams because of two things. The first thing that stood out to me, is his positive outlook on life! Knowing that at the time he gave his last lecture he was dying from cancer is pretty remarkable. You wouldn't know it, because he still had a spark and a zest of life. I think that when going after our dreams, our outlook on life can make all the difference. The 2nd thing that I think helped him in achieving his goals is that he seems to have grit. He understands that things are going to be hard, but you need to keep moving forward. My husband also has this quality and it is something I am working on as well. I want to be the type of person that makes things happen. If I say I am going to do something, I am going to do it, no questions asked. 

  • Do you feel that dreaming is important? Why or why not?

I do think that dreaming is important. Dreaming helps us visualize what we want in life and can be the thing that sparks us into motion while working towards goals. I think that if we didn;t have dreams, it would be so easy to become stuck in life. I do think though that we need to remember that dreaming won't get us to the end. There comes a point when you just have to take action. I am having this realization for myself. It has been years of me dreaming about finishing my education and starting a business. Dreaming is good! But dreaming without action won't get me anywhere. 

  • Discuss at least one of your childhood dreams. Explain why you believe you can or cannot achieve this dream.

One of my childhood dreams is to live on a ranch style home on a big piece of land. I lived for part of my childhood on a dairy farm. I love the lifestyle it brings and the opportunity for family members to work together for the well being of the family unit. I do believe that I can make this happen in my lifetime. The thing that is holding me back from this dream is that we currently do not have the finances. I believe that I can start my own business which will help my family generate more income. Then we would be able to purchase our dream home. I can picture it, and am excited to take steps that will get me closer to this dream.

I loved the first several chapters in the Launching Leaders book. I enjoyed both the bucket list assignment, and the stars and and stepping stone assignment. The thing I am most looking forward to is that I will be implementing a new discipline into my routine. I will be waking up one hour earlier each morning, so that I can do something for myself and get myself in a good head space before it's time to wake my kids. I think it is going to be a huge help in my life. I will report back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W04 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal

W14 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal Final Blog

W03 Reflection: Entrepreneurial Journal